- All India Trade Tests (AITT) are conducted by the DGT under the aegis of National Council for Vocational Training (NCVT) for its various schemes.
- AITT under Craftsmen Training Scheme (CTS) is conducted twice a year for more than 25 Lakh candidates. The trainees of NCVT affiliated trades/units and eligible private candidates appear in this exam. Admission, Hall Ticket generation, Result Declaration and issuance of marksheets& Certificates are done through NCVT MIS portal w.e.f. admission session August 2014.
|Sl. No.||Name of the Scheme / Tests||Year 2018|
|1||All India Trade Test of Craftsmen under Craftsmen Training Scheme (CTS)||164||2|
|2||All India Trade Test of Apprentices under the Apprentices Act, 1961 (ATS)||259||2|
|3||All India Trade Test of Craft Instructor Training Scheme (CITS)||34||3|
|4||All India Trade Test under Craftsmen Training Scheme (CTS Dual Mode)||17||2|
|5||All India Trade Test of Craftsmen under the scheme "Centre of Excellence (C.O.E)(BBBT & Advance Modules)||21 sector||2|
|6||Regional Competition of Apprentices (RCA)||15||2|
|7||All India Competition of Apprentices (AICA)||15||2|
|8||All India Skill Competition of Craftsmen (AISCC)||15||1|
- Online examination for CTS scheme has been introduced in Madhya Pradesh w.e.f. year 2016 and Online examination for ATS and CITS scheme has been introduced on pan India basis w.e.f. year 2017 to make the system faster and with improved transparency.
- Examinations under Flexi MOU are being conducted as per demand.
- National Trade Certificates (NTCs) are awarded to the successful candidates of AITT of CTS. National Trade Certificate is a recognized qualification for recruitment to relevant posts and services in Central/State Government/Private establishments.
- E-Certification has been introduced to make the system faster and overcome the pendency of the certificates. Now Mark sheets/NTCs are being issued through NCVT MIS Portal.
- The details of different Trade Tests conducted under the aegis of NCVT in the
year 2018are given in above Table.
- All India Skill Competition for Craftsmen scheme at national level was introduced in the year 1964 to foster a healthy competition among the trainees of ITIs.
- The competition is now held every year in 15 trades viz. Instrument Mechanic, Electronic Mechanic, Welder, Fitter, Turner, Machinist, Mechanic Motor Vehicle, Foundry man, Electrician, Cutting & Sewing, Computer Operator & Programming Assistant, Draughtsman (Civil), Draughtsman (Mechanical), Mechanic Diesel and Mechanic Refrigeration & Air- Conditioning.
- The best trainee of each of the above trades at the State level competition competes at the All India Skill Competition.
- The best Craftsmen in each of the above 15 trades at the All India level are awarded merit certificates and a cash prize of Rs. 50,000/- each. ITIs whose trainee stands first in the competition at the All India Skill Competition is awarded a merit certificate and is declared as best ITI.