Subject: CPP Feedback Suggestions
From: Abhisek Mohanty <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2020 08:11:28 +0530

Sir,

Thank you for giving opportunity to all stake holders for Drafting CPP
Guidelines related to Trainers of ITIs .

The Suggestions are as follows :

*1. Mentioning Group and Class in the Post of Recruitment. *

In Case of State like Odisha, Assistant Training Officer Post is Group- B,
Class- III Post. The next Promoted post is Training Officer( Group
Instructor ) , which is Again Group- B, Class - III Post.  Again in No Post
of Vice Principal is not available( Except at Cuttack )  Where as Principal
Post is Group – B ,Class- II , Gazetted . So in such scenario , Suppose a
transfer of Principal / Retirement of Principal occurred, he handed over
the charges to next below officer, i.e. Group Instructor or Training
Officer. But due to his Post Classification as Group- B, Non Gazetted ,
Class- III, No kind of financial transaction of ITI can be done in
transition period. Even for purchase of raw materials , Authorization of
Gazetted officers is required  by Clerk . Even staff are not getting salary
due to absence of Gazetted staff / DDO as Non gazetted staff can’t take
charge of all such things.

So *, Please Change the Post of Assistant Training Officer as Group – B,
Class- II ,  Gazetted.*

*Training Officer/ Group Instructor as Group- B, Class – II , Gazetted,
Vice Principal should be Class – I , Group – A ( Jr ) and Principal as
Group- A , Class- I, Gazetted*.

*Again salary of Vice Principal should be in in L-11 ( 15600-39100, GP 5400
) and Principal should be in Level – 11 ( 15600-39100, GP – 6600) . ATO and
Deputy Training Officer / Group Instructor salary should be same as
mentioned. *

Again DGT may go for revoke of Affiliation status if any State Government
refuses to follow the above  structure.

*2.  Training on IT on continuous Professional Development .*

Sir in Most cases , it has been found that due to lack of employee / staff
, Most IT works of ITI  ( Weather Administrative or Institutional ) is done
by such person who knows Computer. Such teaching staff becomes
Administrative worker of that ITI. He has to do even salary or MIS activity
or scholarship round the year. All other staff avoid such work by saying no
IT Knowledge till now.

In such context , My request is that, *DGT must send 01 week or 02 week
training to all such staff for IT training* in every 05 year. This will
reduce the dependency on such IT teaching staff. Even incentive for IT
worker may fetch more interest among other staff.

*3.  Time Bound Promotion *

It has been mentioned as 8+8+6 Year promotion for Assistant Training
Officer.

We request you kindly *introduce time bound promotion in CCP Guidelines*.
So irrespective of Post , the employee should be promoted to next and will
get benefit of Promoted post.

*4.  Lateral Entry into higher Post*

It has been mentioned 50% entry from Lateral Entry.

Kindly make it 40% or 30 %.

Since already there are 50% B.Tech / Diploma candidates in the system. So
to give them ample scope of next higher Promotion , *Kindly reduce lateral
entry in next higher post like Vice Principal / Principal to 30% or 40 % . *So
that more priority will be given to old experienced one.

*5. Awarding Best Staff *

Sir Every year there is President Award for Teachers on Teachers Day.

*DGT may arrange Best Instructor / ATO , TO award based on state ‘s
recommendation*. It will increase morality among ATOs / TOs .

*6.  Adequate Non Teaching Staff Appointment. *

Due to non availability of  Non Teaching Staff like Hostel warden , Store
keeper ,Watchmen , Peon etc , The Teaching staff  have to work / take
charge all such works including Teaching work beyond their working hours.
So *State govt. must appoint / hire through outsourcing method for Non
teaching staff* for a better teaching environment.

*7. Count of Service Period for Contractual Employee.*

Since in Odisha , Contractual employee have to spend for 6 year in
contractual period with consolidated salary , then they become regular, The
contractual period ( In continuous ) should be counted for Promotion and
other facility like MACP of the employee in Service period.

These are my suggestions , which may please be included if approved and
obliged.

Thanks & Regards

Abhisek Mohanty