From: devraj gouda <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2020 22:33:43 +0530

To
The Director,
DGT, New Delhi

Sub: Suggestions from various stakeholders on Draft Recruitment, Training
and CPP document for Craft instructors.

Sir,
Thank you for giving opportunity to all stake holders for Drafting CPP
Guidelines related to Trainers of ITIs. The Suggestions are as follows:

Abolish the post of Deputy Training Officer:
Kindly abolish the post of Deputy Training Officer from your Draft
Recruitment, as the first promotional post should be Training Officer.

No direct recruitment on promotion from Craft Instructor:
Kindly make the Training Officer post as 100% promotion based from
Assistant Training Officer (Craft Instructor). So that more priority will
be given to old experienced one.

75% Promotion & 25% Direct Recruitment for Principal/Assistant Director:
Kindly make the provision of 75% Promotion from Training Officer post and
25% on Direct Recruitment; for the post of Principal/ Assistant Director/
Academic Mentor.

Revise Group and Class of Craft Instructor & Training Officer:
In Case of State like Odisha, Assistant Training Officer (Craft Instructor)
and next Promotional post of Training Officer (Group Instructor) are Group-
B, Class- III. But, the post of Principal is Group – B. Class- II,
Gazetted. So, in such scenario, during the transfer/ Retirement of any
Principal, the charge hand over process and financial transaction freezes
as the Training Officer (Group Instructor) can’t take over all charges due
to the group and class.

So, kindly change the post of Craft Instructor as Group – B, Class- II,
Non-Gazetted, Training Officer/Group Instructor as Group- B, Class – II,
Gazetted and Principal as Group- A, Class- I, Gazetted.

Again, DGT may go for revoke of Affiliation status if any State Government
refuses to follow the above structure.

In-service Higher education & training at Industry facility:
Kindly make provisions for the Craft instructors to pursue in-service
higher education like Diploma. Degree, Management courses etc. and hands-on
short-term training at any Industry as per requirement of the advanced
curriculum.

Training on IT on continuous Professional Development:
In Most ITIs, it has been found that due to lack of administrative staff,
most IT works of ITI (whether Administrative or Institutional) is done by
such person who knows Computer. Such teaching staff becomes Administrative
worker of that ITI who do salary works, MIS activity, scholarship activity
and many more online computer works round the year and thus teaching &
training activities are affected badly.

Therefore, DGT must make IT/Basic computer knowledge mandatory for all
staff and arrange 01week IT training program for them in every 05 year to
enhance the digital infrastructure.

Time Bound Promotion:

It has been mentioned as 8+8+6 Years for promotion from Craft Instructor to
next higher posts which is very lengthy. Therefore, reduce the eligibility
period for promotion to 6+6+4 years instead of 8+8+6 years.

Kindly introduce time bound promotion in CCP Guidelines.

Awarding Best Staff:

Every year there is President Award for Teachers on Teachers Day. Likewise,
DGT may arrange Best Craft Instructor/ATO, TO award based on states’
recommendation. It will increase the morality among Craft
Instructors/Training Officers.

These are the suggestions of the undersigned Craft Instructors, which may
please be included if approved and obliged.

                                  Yours faithfully,
                                   Debaraj Gouda
                                       ATO,ED
                                   Crafts Instructor,
                                    ITI HIRAKUD,
                                    SAMBALPUR,
                                   State-Odisha