Subject: Suggestions for Career Progression draft policy- reg
From: Graduate Engineers <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2020 19:46:01 +0530

Respected sir

On behalf of Skill Training Graduate Engineers Association we submit the
following suggestions for the welfare of
Skill training segment and for the welfare of trainees who solely on the
training we provide for their livelihood and career.
We appreciate the career progression policy
Guidelines issued by Ministry Of Skill Development
In the year 2016 and recommended by DGT
to implement in all state directorates.
We wish to register our unhappiness that many of the state Directorates are
still reluctant in implementing those guidelines even though they realise
the facts and advantages to the skill training arena.
We suggest to issue strong orders to implement the same.

Group instructor/ Training Officer post should be 100% promotional post.
Then only they understand the departmental activities and the level of
trainees which will be more helpful in planning strategies for training.
In Vice Principal / Assistant Director post 20% of the posts may be from
Direct recruitment and the remaining 80%  should be from promoters.
This will help us to implement the existing schemes without any hindrance
and also to adopt new strategies.

4.As mentioned in the Career Progression policy and also in this draft
policy, the posts like Junior Training Officers,  Asst Training officers
should be upgraded in 5 to 6 years of service in a particular post.

Workshop assistants should do only the demonstration work ad in the
engineering colleges and they should  not be posted as JTO or ATO.
As Training Officer / Group Instructor posts are supervisory posts and are
the posts which plan the training strategies and gathering knowledge about
the updating the skill training there is a need of higher educational
qualification and executive skills
the minimum qualification for these posts should be an engineering degree.
Having NTC and NAC holders in these supervisory post will not work if we
really want the skill training segment be uplifted.

 We have to fix a life period for the machineries and tools and there
should be autonomy for the Principals to scrap them and purchase new
updated items.
Refresher training on every Promotion should be given.
On direct recruitment the posting should be given only after a particular
period of training or orientation.

We hope the above valid points which are suggested for the welfare of skill
training  institutions and skill training s segment will be grasped and
implemented by you through the DGT or MSDE.

K.Krishnakumar
Secretary
Skill Training Graduate Engineers Association
Tamilnadu