Subject: Suggestions under STRIVE Project@2020
From: JASSI RAI <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2020 17:00:29 +0530

Dear Sir/Mam,

I have read Draft Plan shared in pdf form. It is good to improve criteria
of learning in ITIs.
It is mentioned new and emerging technologies such as Internet of Things,
Machine Learning, additive manufacturing etc, but others major points were
missing. I am trying to highlight some of them like
 1. *F**lexible manufacturing system* (*FMS*) -  FMS is its high
flexibility in managing manufacturing resources like time and effort in
order to manufacture a new product. The best application of an FMS is found
in the production of small sets of products like those from a mass
production.
*2. Special Purpose Machines (SPM) -  example of Machines are*
*a) MillingSPM*
*b) Boring SPM*
*c) DRILLING SPM*
*d) Tapping SPM*
*e) Burnishing SPM*
*f) Leakage Testing Machines*
*g) Multi Operation SPM*
*3. New Electrical Machines with Advancement in Drivers Like*

   - Modelling of new electrical machines (AC or DC) for electric vehicles
   and renewable energy applications.
   - Special-purpose electrical machines for industrial application.
   - Multiphase AC machines (synchronous-, asynchronous-, switched
   reluctance (SR)-, brush-less DC-, and permanent magnet-machines).
   - New control schemes for AC and DC machine drives for smooth
   propagation and controlling torque pulsations.
   - Special-purpose control algorithms based on adaptive control, sliding
   mode control (SMC), back-stepping control, predictive control, etc.
   - Power converter solutions for electrical machines (AC or DC) for
   reliable operation and improved torque performance for sensitivity speed
   control application.
   - New modulation schemes for AC and DC machine drives for enhanced and
   reliable performance.
   - Fault-tolerant control strategies for AC and DC machine drives for
   viable operation.
   - New adaption techniques to estimate state variables for electrical
   machine parameters.
   - Finite element tool analysis of electrical machines.
   - Cascaded (parallel or series) operation of electrical machines (motor
   or generator) for grid-connected applications.

*4. Advances in Manufacturing Automation :-  *
*a) Cloud storage for wireless data*
*b)Diode laser for Invisible Seem*
*c) 3D printing for finished product*
*d) Extremely small machines for Nano-manufacturing*
*e) 24-Hour Manufacturing process*
*f) Sensing, Measurement and process control*
*g) IoT in Industry*
*h) Augmented Reality*
*i) Robotics in machine manufacturing*
*j) Micro Machines*

*We also have to implement such new technologies at Our ITI level of really
want to face chances arises by Industry 4.0*
*On Page 25/25 some points mentioned as following:-*
*Machinist 1. Programming & Operation on CNC Lathe (Fanuc Series of Mate TC
)*
*2. Quality Engineering*
*3. CNC Programming and Simulation*
*4. DNC/FMS/IoT based Automation*

*It is good initiative to introduce such things but in some state like
Punjab there is shortage of basic machines Like Slotter Machine,Planner
Machines etc. We also have to focus on such deficiency. If we survey CNC
machines are Limited in all state level. I understand limitation of
money(as It is Base of 4M) but atleast we can start by dividing state into
ZONES and implement in the form of cluster of some districts. But if wait
for funds the our approach will be beyond this New Era of Modernization. *

*One More Suggestion is that In each state at distt. level we have to
choose on Instructor to give thorough training of advancement with new
technology and give sufficient time and Fund to implement at his/her distt
and institutes. In past we had training in various ATI/CTI  But due to lack
of implementation it go in vain. For training purpose Instructor should
also ask to visit in Industy/MNC/OEM etc. with trainess in case of OJT.*

*Thanks & Rgds,*
*Jaswinder Singh*
*8503910525*